Saturday, May 16, 2009

We are HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got home last night... plane landed at about 9:45 and we were home by 11:30 or so.

L did really well on both planes. Well, she did have a fit both times while taxing down the runway. But she could have been screaming during the whole flight, right?

Everything went really smoothly - from the taxi to the airport in Guatemala, to Immigration in Houston, to getting our bags in DC.

When I saw the Washington Monument, tears came to my eyes. Home! That really is a wonderful word.

I don't know how to thank everyone for all the support offered during my month in Guatemala. There are not words to express it.

Will post more tonight/tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home and congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This Wednesday we celebrate one year since we flew home, and I can still remember that relief so vividly. I hope your adjustments go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home!!! That's so great that it went so smoothly for you. I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete