Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tomorrow, I love ya!

Well, this morning I was a wreck! But, as I wrote earlier, we got a new appointment for tomorrow.

Glenn's plane from Miami was delayed about an hour. I nearly lost it! I just did not want to have to go walk the streets alone with L one more time. But we had to get out.

So we did we go, where else? Fontabella Plaza because I just didn't know what else to do.

As usual, L ran around the fountains and then we ate at Sophos, an upscale bookstore and cafe.

Lunch was really yummy! Carrot salad followed by steak with a lime pesto and rotini with basil. It was almost like being home.

We headed back to the hotel to rest a bit before leaving to get Glenn. L fell asleep in her stroller. But when I tried to get her to sleep in her crib, no luck. We had about 30 minutes of quiet time. (Oh yeah, they were cleaning the room when we came back so that didn't help.)

We left for the airport and when we got there we heard the plane was delayed an additional 30 minutes. So we waited, with me holding L the entire time.

When I saw Glenn, tears came into my eyes. I had missed him so much. L cried too -- but more out of anxiety! Glenn gave her a Guatemalan worry doll and that seemed to break the ice.

On the car ride back to the hotel, Glenn bonded with her more -- being silly and playing.

She was really excited by the time we got back "home." She showing him all her toys and books. It was awesome!

Glenn and I decided to move to anther hotel, with a pool, that is on the same block as the US Embassy. I hurriedly packed a month's worth of stuff - not only the things I had brought with me but all the accumulated stuff as well. Wow, that was something!

We checked out of what has been my home base for the last month and headed in a cab to our new home, the Hotel San Carlos, about 6 blocks away. What a nice change. The place is small, the pool is small, but the room is big!

Only thing is, it has a jacuzzi tub and now I am wishing I had packed L's little bath. Giving her a bath in that is going to be fun!

We went to the pool for a few minutes. Glenn and L had such fun. And she keeps calling him "daddy" all the time!

We ate a lovely dinner on the front patio. Who should call when we were wrapping up dinner? "Gina."

I had texted her that we couldn't meet until after 5 p.m. But of course she didn't call back. She just showed up at the old hotel. But, as it is like 6 blocks away, they ("Gina," her brother, and her boyfriend) were there in no time.

She turned over all the original docs to us -- original birth certificate, adoption decree, adption opinion from Guatemalan government. We actually had a very civil conversation. I told her our appointment was tomorrow and that we were leaving this weekend.

I kind of didn't want them to know where we were staying, but oh well.

After dinner we had to dash to the only ATM I know of that gives out US currency to pay for L's visa at our appointment tomorrow. (They have a credit card machine, but apparently it breaks down all the time).

So, hoping all goes well tomorrow. We should pick up her visa Thursday afternoon. We plan to fly home Saturday!!!

Thanks for the thoughts & prayers again!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic news!!!!!!! And the pool looks like so much fun! :) Congrats to Mommy and Daddy, and hope that the embassy, 'Gina', and the longest month of your life will soon be behind you and that your family and friends will be able to take over from now on! :) I look forward to seeing you in November! Hugs, Celine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you're all together and will be coming home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait! So happy. I'm almost sobbing at work reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful ! It's so great to see pictures of Glenn with Lisbeth; you all look so happy finally together! Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly tomorrow. (Ok, I'll admit to a few tears reading the blog today :) love you! Elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing in our joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful little mermaid and merDad! CC

    ReplyDelete