Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A very routine day

Today was a very ho-hum, routine kind of day. While I was still in a blue mood in the morning -- what with being back here alone -- by the evening I was feeling much better!

L awoke at 6, but I took her from the crib and put her next to me in bed and we slept until 8:30.

Oh yeah, she's going to sleep for nap and bed in the crib now. Started in Antigua. I think this will be a good thing when we get home. I mean, we will sleep in her room with her. But I think we can start her off in her bed. (We'll see of course.)

So after breakfast, we headed to the Econo Super to replenish some other supplies that we didn't have a chance to get yesterday.

I had grand ideas of walking to this nearby neighborhood, Colonia Oakland (on the other side of the Oakland Mall), because another woman who had lived for a while in Guate while finishing up her adoption said there is an actual playground there.

However, I wasn't feeling well. And L had to go "pi pi" (big surprise), so we headed to the McDonald's over by the supermarket. It has a play area. So she could play while I drank a Coke hoping to calm my stomach.

I still wasn't feeling too hot, so we headed home for lunch and nap. But there was no nap.

Just an hour of "quiet time" in the crib. An hour is the most I'll try for a nap -- so just decided let's get going.

Called the US Embassy to ask for a ballpark date for our visa appointment. But they said they couldn't promise anything. So I'll just call back Thursday. The squeaky wheel, right?

It was threatening rain, so I decided to stay very local and do some errands - exchange money, buy a plastic cup (finally!) to rinse her hair in the bath, get some more minutes on my Guatemalan cell phone.

They run specials here every so often. If you buy minutes on a certain day you can get double, sometimes triple the minutes. Today was a triple day. Yeah!

Then, it did start to rain. The lights flickered in the mall (2 blocks away from "home") and I was worried we would lose power again. But so far so good.

Evening was just playing, dinner, bath, and bed. L was exhausted and was out in like 30 minutes.

I chatted with several people by phone and online today & tonight. It was great to "talk" to friends and family. It helps me feel connected.

My mood is lifting, I feel it. I just have to remember to take it day by day. And that Glenn will be here with me & L next week.


Oh and here's a great pic my cousin Megan took of me and L in Antigua

2 comments:

  1. Hey Judy
    I was supposed to be in GT this week if you will remember me (from Guatadopt). We had to make some changes to our plans and will be down in two weeks instead. Just saw your blog on one of your posts and so I read of few entries. You guys look happy! Glad to hear that all is going well and bonding. I am sure you are ready to be home.
    Mary Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute family photo. Can't wait to see Glenn in some pics! CC and MF

    ReplyDelete